Medica Afghanistan envisions a peaceful Afghanistan where women are free of violence and all forms of discrimination, and enjoy equal access to economic and social justice, political decision-making, health services and education.
Medica Afghanistan is a non-profit, non-governmental Afghan women’s organisation working to eliminate violence against women. We seek to improve the quality of women’s lives by providing legal aid, psychosocial counseling, and public advocacy, while also raising awareness and building capacity in the fields of health, education, and law.
Medica Afghanistan encourages exchange and cooperation among women from different countries, cultures, social backgrounds and conflicting parties and thus contributes to a process of reconciliation and peace.
Our values Medica Afghanistan´s core values include:
- We are women working for women.
- We believe in unconditional solidarity with women.
- We work inclusively with all women, without ethnic, class, religious, age or any other kind of discrimination.
- We take an active approach to women’s rights.
- We believe women affected by a decision must be involved in the decision-making process.
We strengthen women’s self-esteem.
Medica Afghanistan is guided by integrity, transparency, accountability and a holistic approach.